Car tracker 4g OBDii GPS tracking device with erro scanner, OBD data reports for vehicle fleet
TK428 OBD-II GPS tracker can also be used to do vehicle’s telemetry via OBD connector, it can read the vehicle’s ECU’s data (speed, rpm, odometer, speed, fuel consumption, harsh acceleration, harsh brake, DTC code, driver behavior data…etc) via CAN-BUS.
I. Features & Functions
- Plug & play design with OBD-II connector, compatible with all the vehicles with OBD-II connector, supports most of vehicles with the CAN-BUS;
- Track on command or by time interval via SMS/GPRS;
- Arm/disarm by SMS or phone call.
- Check the car‘s real physical address (such as city name, street name.);
- Track by mobile SMS to get the latitude, longitude, speed, direction & odometer etc.
- Check the location directly by the Google map’s URL;
- Data logger to store 8000 waypoints.
- Smart engine ON/OFF detection;
- Odometer function
- Over-speed alarm;
- Movement alarm which can be used as an alarm;
- Engine on alarm;
- Vibration alarm;
- Power failure alarm, with internal rechargeable backup battery;
- Acceleration & deceleration(crash) alarm;
- Turn-over alarm;
- Trailer alarm;
- Routine optimization when vehicle turns a corner;
- OTA function(firmware upgraded on air);
- Voltage range: 10V-60VDC, suitable for car or big truck.
- Reliable design of framework with hardware watchdog.
- Power save working mode.
- Remote diagnostics function. Transmission of the CANBUS data via GPRS network: (1) Vehicle’s real-time data: battery’s voltage, RPM, speed, TAP throttle opening, engine load, coolant temperature, fuel consumption, odometer, error code & times, acceleration times & deceleration times; (2) Driver behavior data: ignition time, total driving time, total idling time, average engine hot-start time, average speed, history high speed, history RPM, total acceleration times & total deceleration times.
II.Transmission of CAN-BUS Data
The CAN-BUS data includes 3 types as followings:
- Real-time vehicle data
- Driving behavior data
- Error Code (DTC code)
These data can be sent to tracking platform remotely via GPRS network or sent via blue-tooth locally. The real-time vehicle data & driving behavior data can be transmitted automatically on basis of the time interval, while the Error code can only be sent out after it gets the request command. If the OBD module is in sleep mode, it will not upload the CAN-BUS data any more.
(1) Real-time vehicle data
|1. Battery voltage (V)||2.Engine speed (RPM)||3. Running Speed (Km/h)|
|4. Throttle opening
width (TPS %)
|5. Engine load (%)||6. Coolant temperature (ºC)|
|7. Instantaneous fuel
|8.Average fuel consumption
|9. Driving range (Km)|
|10. Total mileage (km)||11. Single fuel consumption volume (L)||12. Total fuel consumption volume (L)|
|13. Current Error code numbers||14. Harsh acceleration No. (times)||15. Harsh brake No. (times)|
(2) Driving behavior data
|1.Total ignition no. (times)||2.Total driving time (h)||3. Total idling time (h)|
|4. Average hot start time (s)||5. Average speed (km/h)||6. History highest speed (km/h)|
|7. History highest rotation (rpm)||8. Total Harsh acceleration No. (times)||9. Total Harsh brake No. (times)|
(3) Error code of the vehicle
The request command should be sent to the device firstly, then it will send out the error code if it has. User can judge the malfunction type according to the code.